I stand here by your grave without tears
Though my  heavy heart is a shattered debris
I have no flowers to place over your eternal bed
No will to sing those songs that died when you died
I am here only to remind you

Dunga! Dunga!! Dunga!!!
Son of Atandi
Thrice I call you
Turn awhile from your dance of immortality
Stare at humanity from your cloudy palace

Do not roam the parches of the elusive realm
You don't belong there
Your mother sits by her hearth every morning
Old, broken and childless
Her sagging head bowed in defeat

Atandi, your father longs to be with his father too
For no man has suffered a greater woe
Than a man who knows the grave of his children

So join not in the frenzy dance of the dead
Do not sing in the solemn assembly of the ghost yet

Come back to the tears of your parents
Of your friends and loved ones
Bring justice to the pains of our troubles
Avenge your death
O Dunga!
Son of Atandi

© find part two