Sitting in this restaurant all by myself, 
Ruminating over the food menu trying to decide on a decent meal that would not tear my pocket, 
I brought my lower lip between my teeth and bit in frustration, silently saying a prayer under my breath on behalf of my financial disaster, 
At last I settled for a bottle of Coke and meat pie, not decent enough but I've got no choice. 
I munched absent mindedly at my meal only to be brought into consciousness by a female sonorous voice sitting opposite my table, 
The raw gold sitting gorgeously on her neck winked at me, 
The device held closely to her ear had the apple sign on it, no doubt that's an iPhone, 
My pupils dilated at the sight of the perfectly applied make up on "Vanessa's" face, I swore they were original Maybelline products from the way they glowed, 
Oh God! No wonder their menu in this restaurant was expensive, 
Vanessa is an expensive lady who uses the most recent things in vogue,
And she had the most expensive bottle of wine in the menu sitting on her table, 
she must have been there for a while judging from where the contents in the bottle had reached, 
At this point I wished I were a boy so I could approach her and tell her how pretty she looked and possibly took the opportunity to shake her hands in pretense of introducing myself, 
It took me a moment to realize she had finished conversing on the phone, 
I watched as she stood up quietly and walked over to the counter gently sliding 5 pieces of a thousand naira notes over the counter, 
My eyes followed her as she briskly walked through the door with her original leather hand bag hanging on her shoulder, I could sense it was new, 
I watched as she hurriedly received a kiss from her boyfriend who quickly opened the car door for her after which the expensive toy zoomed off, 
Sighing to myself I hurriedly swallowed the last chunk of meat pie I hadn't realized I held in my mouth whilst drooling over "Vanessa's" lifestyle, 
Here I am, I can't even afford a proper meal, No boyfriend, and my less expensive phone is sitting in my cheap bag staring at me, 
Briskly grabbing my unopened bottle of Coke and paid for my meal at the counter, I walked out of the restaurant very upset and thought about how PEER PRESSURE IS FORCING HOME TRAINING OUT OF ME. 
©Boley_quine #bola'spen