ASUU vs FG's No Work No Payment: Now That Elephants Are Fighting.

_By ADESOLA IKULAJOLU_

I was sitting patiently one afternoon at a food joint where I decided to go feed my fighting worms,but I end up eavesdropping on conversation concerning ASUU,Strike,FG and salary. And of course,ASUU Strike is just like one of those interesting Christmas songs you can't afford to miss;either interesting or not.

Well, strikes overtime might be an interesting action but let me clear that it is never the first action to drive home demands. One would have wonder if that is the only language ASUU can speak,but it also seems that strike is the only language Federal Government can hear. It is a ground of Two Fighting Elephants-who would suffer it? I don't have an answer.

Back to my food joint, I overheard this woman (I recognised her as a Lecturer based on our previous discussions) on phone saying the School management where she works, has paid salary for September and they are awaiting October.Whaooo.Interesting to hear but this lecturer is obviously on strike too.Let me also add that her lamentation on phone over the money,was much more than expected. She said she had even spent the money before its arrival. I think that's common everywhere,right?

One question yet unanswered is why the Federal Government has refused to yield to ASUU's demand. The demands are obviously for Educational advantage but it seems not realistic to the Government. Inspite of all these clashes, who is at the losing end?
Lecturers are not going to classes for lectures, some exams has stopped.

 Who is losing?

They said if two elephants fights,the grasses will suffer. Therefore in this case, the students are the ones to suffer the action! Look at the innocent bearing the pain of the sinner.

Some lecturers' only hope is their monthly salary,which FG has now ordered that anyone who refuses to work should not be paid. Pathetic right? But doesn't this look like two opposing powers-ASUU and FG.

Students are now spending their good days at home. Shall we continue like this? Despite the huge tuition by some tertiary institutions.

Well, let me take a stand that as much as I support the actions of ASUU, I frown at the FGs refusal. But more importantly, students are bearing the pain. 

Why not let one Elephant learn to fall without dying or killing it, so it can rise and seek new strategies.

*_ADESOLA IKULAJOLU, is a Student Journalist from Adekunle Ajasin University, Akungba-Akoko. He is the Editor in Chief of ECHO MEDIA NEWSPAPER (A campus based newspaper in AAUA) He is a Campus correspondent of TheNation,Tribune as well as others. He can be reached via ikulajoluadesola@gmail.com_*