Save Your Tears for the Next Heartbreak


Save your tears for your next heart break 
. 
Kolade was my first love
My rainbow, oh my once true love 
He came into my life not long after I lost my "ibale" 
To brother Godwin our church choir master 
Who called me his "tomato" and he my banana 
But Kolade chased me away like a goat from a garden 
He called a whore after he caught me kissing his best friend 
And that was the end
. 
Kunle came in very short after 
He promised to put a calm to the tornado in my heart 
We did introduction, but only to his half-brother 
What we shared was the sweetest on earth 
Until he saw me naked on his half-brother 
. 
Doctor Alade later chased away my tears 
At the hospital after my last abortion 
When he examined my nakedness without his flares
Love runs in my vein I felt like I was a nation 
Till the day a woman with dangling breast called me "husband snatcher" paving 
More gutters for my tears
.
But like sun you came, you tried up my tears
I swear it, you would be my bus stop 
Life with you with long years
... So she said 
Save your tears for your next heart break is now 
. 
Balogun David Tolulope 
(drunkpoet) 
©️2017

0 Comments